What tent do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What tent do you use?

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I currently have two tents. The first one is an old 9x9 Ozark Trail. I use it for those one night trips for two and when there is only enough space for this size. The other tent is the Columbia High Trail Family Dome. The footprint for that one is 15x11. I received the Columbia for my birthday last year and only got to use it once, but it was great and can't wait to use it again this year (hopefully more that once).

Comment

Howdy katoutdoors! Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Your first six posts or threads are moderated before they will show. Then your're left alone to speak your mind on camping. You have successfully completed your first post. Looking forward to having your opinions and/or questions heard! Hope that your stay with us will be a continued enjoyable camping experience!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to reading/learning more and contributing when I can. I'm so glad I ran across this site. I haven't found a lot of camping communities that has a focus on tents along with other forms of camping. I love my tents!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, katoutdoors! We look forward to having you in our discussions.
          Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Kat, welcome to the group! Nice to see more women campers. Lots of great people and great advice around here. Nice tents also.
            Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Welcome Kat!

Comment

Welcome Kat!
                Please, somebody, anybody, help my Chicago Bears.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Kat!

Comment

Yes, a big Welcome Kat! Nice pictures of your campsite too, keep 'em coming! :cool:
                    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I almost forgot. For kayak trips, we use an ENO Hammocks, with bug nets and a rain flys. I think it's the best sleep I've ever gotten while camping. That combined with the Ember underquilt and a 0 degree or -15 degree sleeping bag...it's nice and toasty! My wife, however, doesn't like sleeping in a hammock...she's a side sleeper...and she complained that it hurt her back. My son sleeps real well in his...when he finaly gets to sleep. He said that being in the hammock, he feels a little like a burrito for bears, where in a tent (though you wouldn't be any better off) he feels more secure. Some people like them, some people don't.
                      2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Originally posted by busere View Post
                        He said that being in the hammock, he feels a little like a burrito for bears
                        That's hilarious!

Comment

I do not think I would like being a bearrito...

I have been looking at hammocking and I even have one picked out just in case I ever pull the trigger. Here it is... http://www.junglehammock.com/models/nx250/index.php

I would get the NX150 model.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Originally posted by immortal_ben View Post
                            I do not think I would like being a bearrito...

I have been looking at hammocking and I even have one picked out just in case I ever pull the trigger. Here it is... http://www.junglehammock.com/models/nx250/index.php

I would get the NX150 model.
                            Those look pretty good. I picked up a hammock at academy for use when car-camping. Not sure if I am going to bring it backpacking or not. Takes up a lot of space.
                            http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...ammock&Ntk=All

Also being 100% cotton, not exactly made for inclement weather. I do like the idea of using it in hot weather though.
                            Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

That's about $200 more thanthe Eagles Nest Outfitter complete onelink system.

http://eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/onelink-sleep-system-singlenest.html

The ENO onlink system weighs 4 lbs 4 oz.
                              The Clark NX 150 weighs 3 lbs 7 oz.
                              The Clark is lighter, but man…$200 more.
                              2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Hmm I looked at the ENO stuff and it looks pretty nice. However, the logo looks like it says EMO, and I would gladly pay $200 to not have that plastered all over my fly, hahahahahah!

The system does look pretty nice, though. They need to get some pics of people using it in cold weather situations.

Shadow, your hammock is just too pretty for me :P

Life is a verb.

Comment

Working...
                                X