Clear All

• Family Tent Recommendations

I'm looking at the following tents:

Coleman Montana
    Eureka Tetragon1210
    Eureka Nergy 12x10
    Stansport Shasta 3
    Stansport Cottonwood 11

It's for recreational car camping. Nothing serious. 2 adults and 3 kids. 4 or 5 outings a year probably, plus backyard camping.

I'm leaning towards one of the Eurekas. They are little more expensive, but they also seem to be better built.

New Tent

Howdy Kombat,

You right, the Eureka tents do cost a little more but they are built outstandedly well. I have the Eureka Storm Shelter 10 x 10 and it's just for my wife and I. Eureka is known for standing up to kombat! Thanks for getting involved hope to see again soon in these forums!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Is there anything "wrong" with the brands I listed? Will they be ok for the uses I outlined above, or will I be better off spending the extra $50 or so for one of the Eurekas? Are there any other brands I should be looking at?

Comment

Family Tents

Howdy Kombat,

I like your kombativeness(oops new word)! Coleman Montana is another excellent choice to check out. I've looked at hundreds of tents, I ask the companies to send me information and stats on their tents, I went to other camping forums(camping forums do seem to move slow) got some answers and moved on. Eureka Tents for me, and I'm a very picky camper are the cream of the crop! Sure they cost more, but one gets what one pays for!!
        There is truth to that statement! You do get what you pay for. For me, now I ain't you, so lets not confuse the issue, you get what you want. Finding and choosing a tent is very similiar to finding the camera system you want. It all boils down to how much money do you want to spend! Period! For me it's Eureka tents, all the way! Thats how I feel about it! If you want to compare, by all means do so...I'm just telling you what I like, thats all. I do not want to make up your mind for you, that's no fun. Live and learn. Maybe someother tent that is in your means is perfect, so be it, who am I to argue! What is good for the goose is not good for the gander, whatever that means??? It boils down to just what you want and how that tent will fit into what you want it for. Savy! I like your stick to end atitude! That is what makes America great! Just let me repeat, for the money, the Eureka line of camping tents, whatever one uses it for are tops for me!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
        X