Add-on Tent Awning Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Add-on Tent Awning Suggestions?

In Florida this is a rule only in commercial campgrounds or designated camping areas of state parks. This is typically for two reasons:

(1) Most Florida campgrounds are RV centric. Truth be told, they don't particularly want tents there, and they definitely don't want tarp tents there. Typically, the tent camping area is the crappiest area of the park (like next to the garbage dumpsters, or even by the sewer dump station, or just far away from the best amentities in the park), even though we typically pay the same price to stay the night. I tend to avoid campgrounds that blatantly segregate like this.

(2) The rule is enforced mainly to eliminate clotheslines in the park. This is what the campground management has told me at my three favorite state parks where no ropes are allowed in the trees. They said that when clotheslines were allowed, people would actual "squat"/live there seasonally, and that's simply not the intention of Florida's state parks. I don't know why they don't just set a maximum stay limit and then make them leave the park for a minimum of a week.

I think this rule really needs to be revisited. I don't particularly want to see a tarp city next to me while camping, but it's really no more annoying or a nuisance than an $800k Prevost bus running their generator all night to power their 3 air conditioning units.
    Nights camping in 2012: 2

"Doors marked pull reduce the speed of those who push before they read."
    READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!

Comment

Working...
    X