Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Please!

Howdy,

If you know of a campsite or campground that is generator free or prohibits generators from being used period at a campsite or campground, in any state or province in North America(US & Canada), please let me know. I'm complying a list of these kind of campsites for use here. I'm begging you on bended knee to help me out and at the same time you'll be helping other campers in search of places to camp where you are not wakened up at 5:30 A.M. to the constant drone of these insidious machines.

Thank you for your time and attention to my humble request.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

You'd need to check the State Campground website (I'm at work now, away from my 'favorites list' on my home machine), but the Auburn, Alabama State Campground has widely separated tent and RV sites, with a 'quiet time' enforced at 11PM at least on the tent side. Especially during the week it was quiet and nice.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Help me...

Howdy Bigdog,

Thanks for the tip, I'll be checking into all the states websites. And I will be waiting to hear more from you on generator free campsite list that you might have at home. By the way, when you get some time, in the member list section down to my name I have started an informal social club entitled, "Generator Haters Club." There are no dues, no excitement, no seek & destroy parties planned, just a "Stealth Camping" group. Join this group if you'd like?

Comment

Sounds good! I like a nice quiet site, preferably alone or with a friend, myself.
        I'm checking out the possibilities of camping in a "Wilderness Area" down here - NO motorised vehicles or equipment allowed! Sounds very peaceful to me. :cool:

The Florida Hiking Trail runs thru it, so people are allowed.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Help

Howdy Bigdog,

Hey if you get the chance to camp, don't forget your camera and let us have a full report, good or bad!

Comment

Working...
          X