Hello again and question on vintage tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again and question on vintage tents

Wonderful to be back for the season and to see that the board has been well manned.

We just acquired a vintage tent and are looking for instructions. I found a similar pic on an auction site -- sorry to borrow the pic. If anyone is familiar with this tent or can direct me to instructions, the family would sure appreciate it.

UPDATE: I've changed the pictures to show the actual tent. We got it up but can't figure out the awning part. We aren't sure if we are missing poles to hold up the part for the awning or if we put if up wrong. I can't seem to find photo online.

I have to add that this is actually set up in the yard. We weren't foolish enough to actually take it out for a test run, lol.

Last edited by ceomom703; 05-31-2012, 04:54 PM. Reason: changed pics

Re: Hello again and question on vintage tents

It looks like a common 3-poler, '70s era. Support depends on the side poles being well-guyed to the ground, 4 would do with 6 being the best way to go and of course this requires ground staking first as it's not self-supporting.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

tplife,

Thanks for the reply. I've changed the picture and it's a bit different. We are now going to start researching how to clean, repair (minor tear at a seam) and weatherproof canvas tents. Any help is welcome

Comment

At the very top of the "Tent Camping" board I have posted a "closed" thread that describes what to look for when purchasing a tent AND links for Repairing a Canvas Tent or a Nylon Tent. Happy camping!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
        X