type of oil or lub to use on campstove and lantern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• type of oil or lub to use on campstove and lantern

Up to now ive never used any oil or lub on my camping equiptment, But would like to start. what types do I use and what parts need oil or lub. I have a colmen white gas camping stove and a colmen 2 mantel lantern

Re: type of oil or lub to use on campstove and lantern

From Coleman:
    Stove:
    When it's time to take out your stove, remember to oil the pump cup on the tank's pump plunger at least twice a year with a light machine oil. This allows the cup to seal against the inside of the pump barrel and insures the pump will work smoothly and push air into the tank properly.
    Lantern:
    When it's time to take out your lantern, remember to oil the pump cup on the tank's pump plunger at least twice a year with a light machine oil. This allows the cup to seal against the inside of the pump barrel and insures the pump will work smoothly and push air into the tank properly.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Re: type of oil or lub to use on campstove and lantern

I use Singer sewing machine oil as it's light and does double duty on my sewing machine.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
      X