sleeping pad storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleeping pad storage

What the best way to store self inflating sleeping pads ?
    Get them out , inflate them and lay them flat ??
    Or does it mater if they stay rolled up for weeks at a time with out getting inflated ?

Mike

Re: sleeping pad storage

Store them unrolled with the valves open, that way you don't trap moisture inside and they can "breathe". Under a bed or inside a closet are good places to stash them away. You don't want to store them rolled up for more than a couple of days before a trip, because this will permanently damage the open-celled foam inside. Damaged pads will have a "washboard" look.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Same as tplife said, unrolled under the bed with the valves open. When I roll them up then unroll so I can roll them up again and get a tighter roll. Then As I am holding it rolled up, I close the valves to make it easier to get into the stuff sack. Hope that makes since.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Thank you....

Comment

Working...
        X