Hello from Upstate NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Upstate NY

Just thought I would introduce myself and say hello. My wife and I are getting back into camping after a 10 year lapse. We started in a tent, graduated to a travel trailer and now we are going back to what we enjoyed - tent camping! We are in the process of purchasing all the gear we think we need, so some suggestions would be welcomed. I have read many posts concerning the matter already but still it is nice to have updates. Our youngest child who is 32 thinks we are crazy! Hey I still have the mind set of a 25 year old! ~ Johnnie

Re: Hello from Upstate NY

Hi, Guess what im from upstate NY too. Of course Upstate NY could cover a large area, Im from Potsdam. We also started in a tent , went to a pop-up then travel trailer and last fifth-wheel. We sold our fifth-wheel last year and are now back to tenting. As long as I can. Im retired so ive bought a few extras to make tenting more confortable. We bought 2 cots, a three room cabin tent from Walmart. We got a colemen toilet so we can go in the tent at night. Now that we are older we have to go more often. In the tent our left room is our bathroom with toilet and colemen sink, the sink is on a folding tray and the right room is our bed room with a folding table between the beds. and the middle room is a folding table with our medicines on it. We have a colemen lighted canopy and a cabellas kitchen. I travel in a crossover suv and have a small cargo carrier on the back.

Comment

Hi Jon .... Upstate sure does cover a large area! We hail form the Lake George Area, a little town called Fort Edward, a couple of miles south. Sounds like you have an excellent set up. We are using a Coleman Instant Tent 6, Coleman Instant 10x10 Screen House for our trips. We are also using cots, I do not know if I could get up from the ground! We are headed to Tupper Lake for the 1st week of July, can't wait! Years ago I went to college at SUNY Canton, graduated and transferred to SUNY Postsdam. Love the area! Anyway, thanks for the reply and the introduction. Who knows, we might even run into each other at a campground! Happy Camping and Be Safe ... Johnnie

Comment

I know lake George well, We camp there a lot. We have two more trips there this year. The next one is at Adirondack Gateway in Gansevoort the end of July. Next week we are heading to central Vermont. Randolph Center for a week. I also been to the Colemen outlet store, We got a good deal on our toilet last year during there truck load sale.

Comment

Lake George is a lovely vacation area that in my youth I've visited repeatedly. I think my old work buddy Greg may still own the Knotty Pine Diner (seasonal) and teaches on the reservation in the off-season. Hope to get back and visit some day, it is a special place indeed.
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
          X