shower question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: shower question...

I'm going to build one with a pallet as the floor. You could also take beach shoes to shower in and wash one foot at a time. Knock the mudd off the shoes after they dry near the fire. Just a thought.
    Gman

Comment

Coleman and Stearns are owned by the same corp. I had an Ozark trail and it lasted 2 trips,been using a Coleman for 2 years now. I don't use it every trip and mostly use it for dishwashing my grandson (6yo) used it a few timesfor showering because he thought it was cool.

Comment

Hogsnapper, how much more do you like this over a gravity system. I've been contemplating one on these and I really like your system. You could always throw a floor mat from your truck or car to stand on also. thanks for the pic, jeff

Originally posted by HogSnapper
        The pressure drops if you use a kitchen sprayer but it's still plenty to get wet and rinse off. I didn't like the fine mist nozzle that came on the sprayer because it doesn't allow enough volume, even when you remove the tip. Also, the 2 gallon size has worked great for me. I think if you go to 3 gallons, then you run into the problem of having to get a really large pot to boil water in in order to fill such a large sprayer with hot water. It sorta becomes a self defeating exercise as you go bigger. A 2 gallon shower is fantastic, it just takes a little practice to become efficient with your water after taking 50 gallon showers at home for so many years.

I don't have a bottom in my shower tent. I move it around from place to place if necessary to avoid mud and everyone in my camp brings flip flops to wear while showering. If I'm in a place for several days, I'll put some gravel in the bottom or build a floor out of logs if I have to. Just improvise if you find yourself with a mud problem.

Comment

Working...
        X