Pretty cool tent light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty cool tent light

I saw this posted on another camping sites facebook page. I thought it was a neat idea and IMHO is the only acceptable use for a headlamp. One of my friends commented that they were going to use an off white nalgean (ap????) bottle. Just thought I would share. I think I will this tonight, or after the current project I am working on.

Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: Pretty cool tent light

I personally like headlights for their normal use (keeps the hands free), but the bottle idea ain't bad. Use colored bottles for a more festive mood - hey, with Holloween coming up, clear green would make a "Zombie Lamp"!!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
      I saw this posted on another camping sites facebook page. I thought it was a neat idea and IMHO is the only acceptable use for a headlamp. One of my friends commented that they were going to use an off white nalgean (ap????) bottle. Just thought I would share. I think I will this tonight, or after the current project I am working on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3589[/ATTACH]
      So why don't you like headlamps????

Comment

I love this idea (saw it on Pinterest a few months ago and thought it was genius esp for in the tent at night), AND I love headlamps!
        ~Native Texan Camper, Currently in Miami~
        usbmemorydirect.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hikenhunter View Post
          So why don't you like headlamps????
          The problem I have with headlamps, is the people who use them. People who seem to have the need for light the minute the sun goes down. What happened to letting your eyes adjust to the dark and using the available light from the moon and stars light the way. Arriving at a campsite after dark is just poor planning. I hate walking at night and seeing a bunch of headlamps bouncing around in the dark. Maybe it is cause I was trained in light discipline by the US Army. I use headlamps at work, as I am an electrician, so I am in poorly light places. At work they are fine, I just can't stand them at a campsite. I would rather teach my kids to use the available light than to give them a headlamp or flashlight. No one will ever change my opinion on this matter, and I will not camp twice with someone who uses headlamps. I know some people think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I think they are the worst thing for camping. Someone will post a reponse to try and justify the use of headlamps, but I will never agree. I hate the damn things.
          How are you ever gonna notice how beautiful the night sky is, if you have lights on all the time?
          Last edited by 05Kingquad700; 07-03-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

The problem I have with headlamps, is the people who use them. People who seem to have the need for light the minute the sun goes down. What happened to letting your eyes adjust to the dark and using the available light from the moon and stars light the way. ...
            How are you ever gonna notice how beautiful the night sky is, if you have lights on all the time?
            I love it! I totally agree.
            Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Fantastic Idea! I will have to try it ... thanks for sharing!

Comment

Reminded me of this:

http://phys.org/news/2011-09-bottle-...oor-homes.html

Comment

Check out the thread I started awhile back about this: http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...ern&highlight=

You will see some cool picks that might give you some cool ideas.
                  Attached Files

Comment

yeah, I saw your thread. There are all kinds of cool things you can do with them. BTW, the current project that I was working on (back in June) was the weed sprayer shower.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3589[/ATTACH]
                      It looks nice. It will be expensive

Comment

Working...
                      X