Enjoyable Week Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoyable Week Camping

We just got back from a weeks worth (8 days) of camping in the Adirondacks, Tupper Lake.
    6 of the days it rained! (The rain was not a constant rain) Some where just rain showers and others where down pours! I do want to say that our Walmart Ozark Trails Tent stayed totally dry inside!! I did use some camp dry on the lower tub seam and windows only. My wife and I where totally impressed with the tent and its weather protection! It held up with out problems!

We made some nice memories! Meeting other campers along the way!

Despite the rain showers and down pours, it is a trip that I would do all over again!

Going to the Adirondacks? Check out Blue Jay Campsite ... it is friendly and very accomodating!
    Last edited by Johnnie; 07-09-2012, 05:42 PM.

Re: Enjoyable Week Camping

Very nice. Although 6 days of rain doesn't sound like GREAT fun, a day or two of it can actually be pretty enjoyable. It's good to hear that you managed to stay dry in the tent.

Comment

Pleased as punch that you had a great trip even-though it rained most of the time. For me, I don't really mind camping in the rain although like anyone else I would rather camp under better conditions but for me and my bride raining weather is just different weather. Nothing you can do about it so we just embrace it and enjoy the camping all the more! Camping is a great activity that brings one closer to understanding yourself and creates great bonds between families when there is so much negativity in the world!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

glad you had fun in the mountains of NY, beautiful country indeed. i haven't had the opportunity to camp those hills in years, but the last time i was there it was very pleasurable and relaxing. i think it was around 2000 last i was up there and we camped the adirondaks and catskills for 2 weeks combined. sometimes i evny you upstate and western new yorkers

Comment

You are right on Renodesertfox. I read a book written by a well known Pastor of a church who noticed all of the families in his congregation interacted so well together. Upon investigating he found most of them were campers.He started his family on that journey and never regretted it.

Comment

Working...
          X