Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Carolina camping - bringing a first-timer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina camping - bringing a first-timer!

Hey there! New user, looking for some campground recommendations, if you can give them.

My friend and I are in Wilmington, NC and looking to travel to the mountains for the weekend of the 7th. She's never been camping before without an RV (can you believe it?), so we're getting away from the beach and hunting for cooler weather!

We'll be tent camping, and the only desire she's really expressed is wanting to swim in a lake or a larger river. I'd really like someplace with more secluded looking campsites, personally. Maybe in the Boone area?
    Basically anywhere from east coast to west coast North Carolina that's a high enough elevation to be less hot and humid, haha. We've been checking the weather for all the potential areas.

Anyone have any favorite campgrounds in the NC mountains?

Re: North Carolina camping - bringing a first-timer!

From what you said in your thread I would suggest Price lake on the Parkway. Absolutely beautiful. It is right there at Boone, Blowing Rock,Valle Crusis, Grandfather Mountain. I go to that area to flyfish for Trout. It is not as far as the western mountains and you can get there in a little over 5 hrs.

Comment

Got a place near Galax & Hillsville, Va. Right on top of the Blue Ridge. Some scenery, trails, creek...... RUFF camping !!! secluded, and private.
      Two fresh water springa running 24/7.
      Gman
      sayudaman@yahoo.com

Comment

Sounds like a great place but not somewhere I could camp alone. Are you in Wilmington?

Comment

I'm in Mooresville, Nc. "BUT" the property is in Va. Just over the line...Probably 4? hrs. for you, not sure. Average temp. is about 10 deg. cooler, than Nc. Still on the mtns, but everything happens up there about a month ahead of the piedmont.

Gman

Comment

Working...
          X