Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys looking around for a tent under $300 that has a screened porch suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys looking around for a tent under $300 that has a screened porch suggestions??

So far in my budget all ive found so far was two both colemans...I need it for at least 3 to 4 people comfortably so im looking for a 6 or 8 person tent. I suppose I would take a 10 person if the price is right thou.

We saw this one but am not sure if you can access the screened area from inside the tent, does anyone know if you can?? http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Elite-...source=message

And also this

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Evanst.../dp/B004E4ERIY

These are best i can find for my price range...does anyone have any input? Thanks everyone!!

Re: Hey guys looking around for a tent under $300 that has a screened porch suggestio

I agree with much of what HogSnapper says. I prefer two structures. The big reason being food prep. I want to keep my food smells and dropped scraps away from my sleeping area. This helps to keep bugs and critters away from my tent.
    Also we sometimes like to spread out. As much as we love each other, we sometimes like to have some space between us. Sharing a tent is close enough, but for that same structure to be your "gathering" place for everyone is to much for me. When I have camped with others I did not know closely I gladly welcome them in the screen room, but would feel uncomfortable with them in my bedroom.
    You need to feel out what works for you. If you choose a tent with a screen room you may find yourself getting a separate screen room in the future, and using that space of the tent for gear storage which is not too bad on it's own.
    Last edited by CMPR1966; 08-27-2012, 08:59 AM. Reason: SPELLING

Comment

Re: Hey guys looking around for a tent under $300 that has a screened porch suggestio

A little bit above your price range:
      http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/68613...rson-dome-tent
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Coleman also makes the Coleman Vacationer 2 what has a attached screen room it sells for $ 329.99 at Bass pro. The screen roon is rather small, but it has pull down screen covers, and that makes a room at night. The size is 10' x 15' feet. It has two hinged doors and some other goodies. We seriously thought we wanted that tent, but we felt the screened room was really smaller that we felt would be usefull, I think it was about 7' x 10' give or take. I reread the tent info. and this tent is a Bass Pro exclusive tent, hope that helps.
        Last edited by farout; 09-08-2012, 03:42 PM. Reason: forgot something.

Comment

bword, I am curious what tent you picked and how you like it. Coleman still makes good tents with designs intelligent for family camping, so it you picked either of Coleman tents you were considering, they would be good choices.

I agree with Hogsnapper and others that separate screen tents are a nice way to go, but there might be some convenience advantages of a tent with a screen. I have noticed that some campsites are too small to accommodate both a large tent and a large screen tent, so a tent with a screen would be more space conservative.

Tell us what you found out from your choice.

Comment

Working...
          X