Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going tent camping over labor day weekend, first time in 15+ years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going tent camping over labor day weekend, first time in 15+ years!

I don't want any burglars hearing the click of a shotgun round being chambered, too old school bro! Think frangible ammo. Let them hear the bolt release on the M4Gery coming back home and guess what size magazine I runnin'. AFA pistols, the days of LE using 38s are long gone and these are becoming more expensive than their Glock counterparts (yes I own a Colt 357 and love it). A trip to Gunbroker.com will quickly show why the Glock is the current go-to handgun for everyman (and woman)! Deeper pockets will migrate to Sig Saur country and find their own Valhalla...

Last edited by tplife; 09-09-2012, 06:08 PM.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Sick looking gun, looks like something out of a warzone... don't think I need all of that lol. The Glock is a pretty pistol I'll admit, and I keep hearing how reliable they are. May be my second gun purchase!

Comment

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/nfsn...48112&actid=34
        is a link to where dispersed camping is allowed in your state (NC). I usually go disperesed camping here in CO, and I am currently camping in a State Park during the week for work. I really enjoy the disperesed camping much more. Even though the campground is not crowded, I still don't like paying to camp. The coin operated showers are nice, but that's it.
        There is a map on the forest service page called the MVUM, motor vehicle use map. It has maps that show where dispersed camping is also allowed. If you tell me what national forest is closest to you, I will look at the MVUM to see where camping is allowed.
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I don't know that what I have done would be called dispersed camping as I normally camp right at the bank of the lake I am on, but I don't pay to camp and there is normally no one else within 500 yards of me. There are normally only 4-5 different groups at a time that will camp out at a given time on this lake and I will drive around it till I find a spot that is as far from other groups as I can get as well as looks like a great spot for catfish. Two weeks from now, my daughter and I are going camping out in Carlsbad National Park. I believe that would more qualify as dispersed. We have to get a camping permit (no charge) and turn it in when we leave. I assume so they know to come look for you if you don't turn up in a few days...LOL. No ammenities, will have to carry all our water with us. Am looking forward to getting completely away from it all for a few days. (with the exception of when we get into the caves).
          WT
          "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

I'd like to chime in on the gun talk in this thread. You can ask 10 different people 1 very basic question about firearms and you will most likely get 20 different responses. Just about every caliber has a purpose, and you will not find 1 gun that can do everything. There are literally pros and cons for everything.

I will say revolvers aren't end-all be-all for guns. Yes, you pull the (usually heavy double action trigger) and it goes boom. Unless a major mechanical malfunction, there are no "misfeeds" like you can easily get on a semi auto (from not seating the magazine properly, riding the slide, etc). That being said, there is a good chance your revolver will go boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, CLICK... or 5 booms then click, depending on the model. A Glock 19, on the other hand, will go boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom (no click because the slide is now locked back). Then within mere seconds another magazine could be loaded. However, I have somewhat small hands so holding a Glock feels like you're holding a brick. Some people think Glocks are the most comfortable things since boxer-briefs.

The one thing however that is completely undebatable is firearm safety. Please don't carry a firearm without proper training. You'd be putting everyone in danger.
            The second thing that is undebatable is know the laws. You are responsible to know the laws. If in doubt of the laws, HIRE A LAWYER. Don't take advice from people on the internet... they won't do a good job representing you in court.

In general, the laws in CT don't usually make much sense, but according to the DEP website for state campgrounds:
            Except as specifically authorized, no firearms, archery equipment or other weapons may be possessed in any campground or recreation area.

So in short, you need to know your local, state, and federal laws.

Comment

Working...
            X