Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodiak canvas?

Hey all,
    I have a ? about tents. I thought I knew what I wanted for next year but as of late I have changed my mind. I really like Kodiak canvas bow flex or what ever they call it. 99% of the time it will be just me and my dog (Cork) so I was thinking about the 9x8 @ 6' inside but just wondering if the 10x10 @ 6'6" might be a better buy? I am about 6'1". Just wondering what you all think?
    Thanks Jack
    Thrift store tent
    Marmot Tungsten 4p

Re: Kodiak canvas?

I just ordered my kodiak 10x14 today.. I just camp with my girlfriend but also wanted the extra room after being cramped in my 4 man dome tent.. Never hurt to have extra room. I picked mine up with free shipping and a discount.. I dont know if im allowed to say the business name but you can private message me and i will tell you. Shipping on these things are pricey
    Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

I think you'll appreciate the extra headroom with the 10by! Always ducking one's head get's old quick. And it's just as easy to pitch & strike it too! Modern canvas is much more durable and stays cool in the warmer months. Even in the cooler months they retain heat better than nylon. Better constructed and their rubberized floor handles dog claws better than anything else on the market, except Springbar Tents.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I just bought the new 10x14 model with side windows and love it! It might be bigger than what you are looking for but it is a great space for two adults and two big dogs. I bought it from Competitive Edge Products at a discount with no shipping or tax. A very nice deal. According to Kodiak this is the only outfit selling this model at this time. You cannot get it at Cabelas or Sportsmens.

Comment

I just saw that on Competitive Edge Products website..
          Last edited by swebob; 12-12-2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PJC001 View Post
            I just bought the new 10x14 model with side windows and love it! It might be bigger than what you are looking for but it is a great space for two adults and two big dogs. I bought it from Competitive Edge Products at a discount with no shipping or tax. A very nice deal. According to Kodiak this is the only outfit selling this model at this time. You cannot get it at Cabelas or Sportsmens.
            Well im just gonna stick with what i ordered today and live without side windows and save $100.. Dont mean to be negative about it but i think all that mesh exposed on the sides could be a headache in the future getting damaged
            Last edited by swebob; 12-12-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Here's that website if anyone is interested:

http://www.competitiveedgeproducts.com/

Boy, do they have a lot of great camping gear & Kodiak Tents!!!:cool::cool:

Comment

The tent is listed on the Kodiak site as $699 but it goes for $599 from competitive edge products, no tax no shipping. Got it in two days. I guess I have to disagree with you on the side windows -- they are superbly made, close up fully and when open add to the sense of space, open up to great views, and allow for great x-ventilation.

Comment

reno
                  As much as we talk up Kodiak, you should see if they want to become a sponsor!!!
                  Nights camped in 2019: 24
                  Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Couple of years ago I did send them a request and received a no vote. But this is a new day, couldn't hurt. Will a new request out this very A.M. Thanks for the suggestion King!

Comment

I purchased a Kodiak a couple months ago because of this site. So they are already receiving business from you guys.

Comment

To the OP. I am about the same hieght as you, maybe a inch taller. I don't ever worry about hitting my head on the roof. If I was you, I would go with the 10x10. The extra room will come in handy and its better to have space and not need it then the other was around.
                        Nights camped in 2019: 24
                        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
                        X