Need advice on large tent idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on large tent idea

I am a tent camper with wife and 3 kids. We currently have a cheap large tent bought from Sams Club. I also have a Shelter Logic 10X20 A frame tent we use for shade and rain cover as neeed. They make an enclosure for this tent that will close up the sides-ends and gables. I was thinking about buying a canvas tarp for the floor and using this tent to sleep in. They also make a screen enclosure to. We also plan to purchase a portable AC unit for summer time and we use a big buddy heater for cold times. Any thought on this would be apreciated.

Re: Need advice on large tent idea

What's wrong with the tent you have now?

Comment

I had a tent that size once and after discovering its difficulty in pitching, fragile nature, and lack of wind and rain integrity, resolved either to get a smaller tent (10X10) or give up camping altogether. I bought two smaller tents and have stayed with that technique happily ever after...
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by todd1972 View Post
        I am a tent camper with wife and 3 kids. We currently have a cheap large tent bought from Sams Club. I also have a Shelter Logic 10X20 A frame tent we use for shade and rain cover as neeed. They make an enclosure for this tent that will close up the sides-ends and gables. I was thinking about buying a canvas tarp for the floor and using this tent to sleep in. They also make a screen enclosure to. We also plan to purchase a portable AC unit for summer time and we use a big buddy heater for cold times. Any thought on this would be apreciated.

You might not make to many friends with that A/C running next to your neighbors depending how close and where your camping.
        Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

Why try to fix what's not broken?
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

That 10x20 shelter will not even fit on most tent pads in the camp grounds I've been. Also If you use it as a tent, since there is no floor in it, when it rains you will have ground water coming inside, creating muddy spots and getting some of your gear wet and dirty when it doesn't have to be. Use a tent for a tent. Use a canopy for a canopy. JMO

Comment

Working...
            X