Which Kodiak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Kodiak?

The canvas is made out of "hydro shield" It allows air to leave the tent, but water can't come in. When you set it up for the first time, you are supposed to wet it down to shrink it. If you have awning, you may be able to leave the windows cracked a bit, depending on if it is a hard, driving rain, or just a drizzle.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Re: Which Kodiak?

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Thanks doe the update on Kodiak's improved waterproofing, Hogsnapper. It is interesting that they still recommend wetting the new tent to shrink the canvas and make it more waterproof. I remember wetting down the tent, then using ALUM to help shrink and waterproof the canvas. I wonder how many people on these forums have ever done that.

I find that just pitching the tent and waiting for a good morning dew to wet the tent and have the sun dry it would be as good as spraying it down with a hose. I did not spray mine with a hose and let mother nature get it wet and dry it. Ive camped for time this year so far and going on a month camping trip when my condo is sold.. Love this Kodiak..
      Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

Working...
      X