Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top camping tents used? How do they rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top camping tents used? How do they rate?

Has anyone ever used a tent from Textsport? I see that they are being sold online and my recent distributor Moteng NA started carrying them. Does anyone out there know the durability of these tents from the elements, Wind, Rain, Cold Weather, Ect.
    What are some of the top rated tents people are using?

Re: Top camping tents used? How do they rate?

Texsport is a big-box retailer type brand

You can get an OK tent from Texsport if you know what to look for in a tent ie design and quality

A lot of folks pooh-pooh garden variety brands, but a Texsport tent today is a lot better than the tents most of us seasoned campers had growing up. If you shop smart, you can get a good, functional and affordable tent fro Texsport

Comment

The types of tents most commonly recommended are (no particular order) Kodiak canvas, REI brands, Big Agnes, The Coleman Instant tent, some Eurekas. I am sure I missed a few and others will chime in.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

TexSport features tents with "pin and ring frame systems" and tents that can "accommodate two queen size air beds". This tells you they offer '70s technology with 50's safety considerations... Their pole choices, window configuation, and rainfly setups are the very worst choices and are typical of bottom-end tents, including Coleman models. If your budget means tents at this price point, consider the Eureka! Tetragon series or a similar alternative by Kelty. TexSport tents are sub-par in features, materials, and design in my opinion. Quality tent brands include Sierra Designs, Mountain HardWear, Northface, Marmot, and EMS.
        Last edited by tplife; 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I use Coleman and have had excellant service from them. The prevoius poster alway has a bad opinion of them. I say never put what anyone uses down. Offer suggestions but don't put down what another uses.I get the same at hunting camp. I use a simple rifle with scope. that together cost less than many spend on scope alone. But I take as many nice deer as they do every year.

Comment

Agreed. I think most Coleman tents are intelligently designed and reliably made. I see negative comments about Coleman tents, but think they are mostly posted by people who haven't used them.

Comment

Working...
            X