Sierra Design Tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sierra Design Tents

I found a great deal on a Sierra Designs tent, but I can not seem to find many reviews on their tents. What are yalls opinions? I was gonna get an REI, but I can get a Sierra Design comparable in size for less than half the price. Don't get me wrong, I am prepared to get the REI, but if the Sierra is of equal quality I will get it and use the extra money on some other gear I have been wanting.

Re: Sierra Design Tents

Sierra designs is the high-end Kahuna, lots of tents out there pay them royalties for SwiftClips and hub patents they hold. They offer high-density denier fabrics, anodized poles, the latest features and designs providing a lot of useable vertical space for very low weights. Some folks don't want or need to spend that kind of $$$ on tents, but I bought three (new-in-box) off ebay for 60% off MSRP, and besides lasting for decades of regular use, their customer service and lifetime warranty repairs were top-notch as well from my experience. Brands like REI, EMS, Marmot, Big Agnes, and Northface offer similar quality, but their lower production numbers mean fewer deals on price such as lots on ebay, NOS, closeouts, discontinued designs, etc.
    Last edited by tplife; 02-18-2013, 03:39 PM.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Sierra Designs has an excellent reputation.

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Comment

Working...
        X