Maybe a crazy Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a crazy Idea

Ok this maybe a crazy idea or even a stupid one but only will work if your driving a Pickup to go camping due to space. Would not work packing it in a truck of a car or back of a SUV.

Lay the tent out on a sheet of plywood and nail the corners to the plywood. Set 2x4s under neath to support and prevent bending when your in the tent. Also place wheels on one side for easier maneuvering it at the site. When u get to the camp site roll it into position and set up poles and tent is up and ready. Could also have the plywood cut in half so you can fold it to keep the tent setting sail going down the road.

Crazy and maybe stupid but it is an Idea that just popped into my head...

Re: Maybe a crazy Idea

Ok it a crazy idea and stupid hahahaha

Comment

Weight and Bulky Have to have wheels on it to move it from the Pickup to the site you want it for sure

Comment

has a possibilitiy for specific use.
        like if your camping on rocks.
        but cons outweigh the pros'
        very heavy, even with wheels wont be taking it out very far.
        couple things i would consider, splitting it in 1/2 and folding it.
        also instead of plywood try panelling, thinner and lighter
        instead of 2x4's for support, trying smaller lumber 2x2's?
        or skip the wood/lumber and use extra thick foam/rubber pad as a base.

Comment

It'll have the virtue of being more stable than the average P/U bed tent. Just be sure you can handle it alone - besides weight, there is bulkiness to consider - can you load/unload it without damaging the tent fabric?
          Sounds very workable!
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

The Idea i had would I slide it off the back of the truck. Be one of the last things loaded on the truck in preparing to go and first thing off. Sliding it off the with a rope and to drag it to the location where I set the tent up using wheels to assist on getting it there. Then all I would have to set up the poles and tent up.

The Bulkness it the worst of the cons of it. Folding it would protect it during travel. Biggest pro is faster to get the tent set up which with the tent I have it made for 2 to put it up and I am a solo camper. I picked it out due to the inside height, which it is still to short for my comfort. May look into getting a second tent but again I run into the problem person needed to set it up for my height inside I desire.

The Folding how ever can do damages it self. But as I said this is an Idea not a project I am ready to take on.

Comment

Working...
            X