Finally figured out what tent to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally figured out what tent to get

So I've been scouring over tons of forums trying to find some good advice for tent camping. I use to camp when I was younger with the family. We started camping with my husband and two boys 2 summers ago. We were borrowing my mom's old Wenzel tent (we used that over 15 years ago when I use to camp). I was looking something that would be durable but not extremely pricey and that would house my family of 4. We will be expanding our family within the next few years so I had to take that into consideration as well.

REI is having a sale and today is the last day. The kingdom 8 is at a great price ($389) and I'm really liking this tent. I'm 99.9% sure that I will end up buying it and see how we like it. I've read up on REI and how amazing their company is, so I'm also glad that if this tent doesn't work for us we can exchange for another.

Now I need to find some good campgrounds to visit this summer. We live in the Chicago, Il area but are definitely willing to travel to have an awesome camping experience!

Re: Finally figured out what tent to get

Hi jadx and welcome!
    Didn't see your thread before but even though I've never camped that far west, I'd say if you keep reading this forum you'll prolly find reviews of campgrounds that will make you and family happy. I have noticed that the closer you are to a metropolitan area the harder it is to find a prime spot to camp in. I make my reservations in September (yes that's right; the year before) in order to ensure I've space at my favorite locales.

You should check over @ www.reserveamerica.com and see what's available and choose as soon as possible.

Have fun out there and gotta say that's some kinda tent you got and what a price break! Gotta love REI's return policy.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
    X