Wood Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Laws

Where would someone find laws pertaining to burning wood?

I ask I know can not bring untreated wood but was stated treated wood fine. But after talking to a contractor about wood from a old building he said it was against the law to burn a 2x4. I say B.S. but i want proof.

Due to no body listens to me here it will be costing me about as much my mother paying to have the building torn down in firewood if this law he stating is not true

Re: Wood Laws

Burning treated wood releases toxic fumes into the air and should not be burned!!

Comment

Re: Best place to buy firewood for tent camping
      As some of the other folks said, in today's world many counties won't let you transport tree wood

However, most will allow the transport and campfire burning of construction lumber

Old pallets are easy to get at local manufacturing plants that receive materials
      Ok that countered something I read earlier on here.... Now I am confused hehehehe
      Last edited by Coastie; 05-28-2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Not all construction wood is treated wood, I guess. I also would check with the specific campground(s) you will be going to to see if they do indeed allow construction scraps.

Comment

Ok thanks for the input

Comment

And if you are asking if you can burn wood from a demolished structure whether on a camp site or closer to home there may very well be laws governing it.
            For instance if the wood has been painted there might be lead paint concerns. Where can you find out what is legal and what is illegal in your county/municipality/town? Go to the website of your governing entity or call town/city/county hall. You could also search your state's website.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

And where ever you plan to go camping like HS said in an earlier post it is best to check at a visitor center, forest service field office, either by email, telephone but it's best in person. Wood burning also changes season to season as well. Emails are most always answered, might take a week or two; telephone calls might never be answered.
              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
              X