Mountain Hardwear Tent - Customer service/warranty is awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Hardwear Tent - Customer service/warranty is awesome

One of the tents we use is a Mountain Hardwear Casa 6. Awesome tent, by the way.

So I made the mistake of lending it to a friend for her and her daughter to do a church campout. It was returned to me with one of the shock cords in the tent poles snapped...so there's no tension in the folding poles any longer.

I contacted Mountain Hardwear to get a replacement and they said to send my old one to the warranty department. The customer service person told me they would likely string a new cord...or send me a brand new replacement pole. Either way, my only cost will be to ship it back to them.

I'm blown away, because I consider this a wear & tear issue - or possibly even user-error (though I didn't witness it, I'm sort of assuming the friend is a bit to blame for the damaged pole/tension cord). I fully expected to have to purchase a new replacement pole. It is still possible the warranty department will review it and ask me to pay for partial or all of the cost of a new pole...which I would still consider fine.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass along this experience and say that if MH replaces the pole - I think that's awesome customer service/warranty service. Anyone else have similar positive experience with camping equipment vendor customer service/warranty requests?
    Nights camping in 2014: 18
    Nights camping in 2015: 24
    Nights camping in 2016: 20

North Face Tadpole 23 - Mountain Hardwear Casa 6 - Guide Gear 18x18 Teepee
Working...
X