Turtle Tuff, Alaknak. Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Tuff, Alaknak. Need Help

I have just recently discovered this forum and have been reading a lot of posts looking for help with a tent purchase. However, I haven't been able to find what I am searching for. I would like a large tent that will hold up to high winds (meaning 60+mph). Would like a tent that will last for 3-5 years because it will be used on a daily basis. I want to set it up and leave it. We need one that will breathe well and be more suited to hot weather. I know the weather will be cold in the winter months but we will be adding a wood burning stove to help with that. I want to add a vestibule so that we have a place to take off muddy shoes and clothing when necessary. We are looking at spending as much as $3000.00 because I know you always get what you pay for and since we will be living in it at times it needs to be strong, waterproof and hold up to high winds.

I have a friend that just purchased a turtle tuff for their family and I've tried to do my research on these but for some reason I just don't think it might be for us. I've read that people spend 4+ hrs setting this thing up and I've also heard that it's hot in the summer. My friends have not used theirs yet so I can't ask them.

Could someone advise me on a good fit for us? I have mainly been researching these two types of tents so there maybe something out there for us that I haven't discovered.

Thank you so much for your advise
Working...
X