Tent Camping.. A Lost Leisure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent Camping.. A Lost Leisure!

Many tent campers today are being outraged by the over-popularity of RV use along with prices of Tents and gear. Getting "back to nature" was considered by many to simply be a tent, a fire, and good campfire cooking, while connecting with nature on an up close and personal level. It was an inexpensive way to relax, rest and enjoy the amenities of this wonderful planet we live on.... Read more : http://ezinearticles.com/?id=2186144

TC-A lost leisure, it is not!

Howdy GSN44,
    Welcome to the camping boards. TC isn't a lost leisure, but is lost by the wealthy that would rather sleep in a tin shed on wheels and watch their favorite sport with the tv that comes with the rv, now that isn't camping! Okay, my knee needs to be scoped(Aug surgery); I really do need back surgery to reinforce spine again from an injury I suffered while in Alaska with the Army Rangers(from 35 years ago); but be that as it may, I still tent camp whenever I can. And since January 09 my wife and I have tent camped at least 8 times. Sure my bride now does most of the setting up and tearing down of camp, and I do the bragging, but tent camping is the best and cheapest way to see what is around you. If you are interested you might want to join my generators haters club!:D
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

LOL - gotta love that name.. generators haters club.
      As my article states.. I'm not against those with RV's
      I am simply wishing Campsites would stop the commercializm (if thats a word) and give us Tenters a place of our own.
      Being put inbetween 2 RV's to camp is just not fun.. Unless my scenery of choice is Trailer Siding.
      It's simply frustrating to watch my fav. campsites cater to RV's because of the bigger money & treat Tent campers like dirt. (dirt? where where..i"ll camp on it!)
      I feel as we are the "dying breed" of such a wonderful, peaceful bird.
      Thanks for listening..

Comment

I Agree with you. I grew up camping. We started in a Big Canvas Coleman tent. As time went on My parents graduated to pickup campers and finally they bought a 5th wheel camper. I still love to tent camp. I took my wife tent camping for her first real camping trip in October. We had a blast. We camped in a campground that has electrical and water hookups with clean restrooms with showers. I did not think she needed to rough it for her first trip.

Harry

Comment

Agreed

Many have lost (or NEVER discovered) the great relaxation that Tent Camping affords. I started when I was in Jr. High with a hand me down tent. And while I was in the Military I camped almost every weekend while Stateside in a budget tent. I purchased an 8 man Hillary Canvas Tent in the 70's and just replaced that with a Deluxe Alaknak Tent from Cabelas. (purchased used) I handed the Hillary down to my Daughter and SIL and they are going to introduce my Grandchildren to the joys of tent Camping.

Add me to the generator haters club! :D

Comment

Howdy Winchester,
            All you got to do now is since you're a member is go to the members tab and find me(VDF), open my page up...look around and find "Generators Haters Club" and select to join. I can't do it for you...those days are over when you learned how to walk from crawling. You're not crawling any longer! Now let's go camping!
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I think you can makle tent camping expensive or as spend thrift as you want. I do agree about the RV's. If you need AC and TV to get you by go find the nearest hotel, and leave the rest of us alone.

Comment

Working...
              X