What kind of stove do you ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of stove do you ?

Swedish Army Trangia Stove & mess kit been useing it for about 1 year:D. I got 10 of them for 20$ kept 4 sold 6 for 5$ea. I love free gear :D :D

Comment

I use a Coleman 3 burner stove. We usually camp in campgrounds with picnic tables and lantern hooks. The Coleman stove came from my Wife's Grandfather. I got the stove out and fired it up for the first time in 20 years. It fired up perfectly. It is hard to beat Coleman Stoves and camping equipment.

Harry

Comment

I have a Coleman 2 Burner Propane Stove and a Large 2 Burner (Stand alone) propane Stove. I have a huge griddle for the Stand alone stove. Makes short work of Burgers, pancakes and such. I have a big family so this helps a lot.

Comment

Actually, I use three separate stoves or cooking platforms. It all depends on what foods we(bride & I) have decided to have. The first, is our Big Gas Grill(portable barbeque). The second is our "Tool Box Grill" for charcoal(mesquite flavored brickettes). And the third stove is the "Campfire" it's self; simply great for cast iron cooking anything or for baking a potato the old boy/girl scout way. Back in civiliaztion I have to use the gas range or the double oven in the wall in our house, or our large stand alone propane grill for grilling. That is why I perfer camping to living in a hurried city, food is better tasting camping!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I've got one of the Swedish Mess Kits. I have an MSR Whisperlite International, a couple of Esbit's and several alcohol stoves that I have made.
            Scott W. McClure
            Photographer/Scoutmaster Troop 202
            Eagle Scout-BSA/Order of the Arrow-Vigil Honor Member

"You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day and only so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either." The late Galen Rowell.

Comment

We use the Coleman 3 burner stove. We bought it when my wife and I did our original outfitting the summer after we got married. It's had a few season's on it, and still works perfectly.

However, I have been thinking about a Coleman Roadtrip.

Comment

I use a coleman two burner gas stove for cooking breakfast on. I generally try and cook dinner on the fire. I love the coleman stoves as far as reliability. My dad gave me his that we used when we were kids. He bought it in the 70's. It still fires up and works great.

Comment

Wrap a reflective car windshield shade into a cone and that makes a solar oven!? I am eager to try this! Tell me if you have tried this and any tips.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/windshield-cooker.htm
                  or do an online search for
                  windshield shade solar funnel cooker

Comment

Two burner Coleman, 8" Griswold for most cooking. A firepit with a Dutch oven for dinner.

Comment

Depends on how and where I am camping. If space is no issue, I have a slim Coleman two-burner propane stove. Folds very slim and flat. I do also have the old style white gas two-burner stove, but haven't used it in years.
                      On a motorcycle road trip, I carry either my Coleman single-burner Dual Fuel stove, or my little Coleman Peak 1 propane single-burner (it uses small cannisters and is very compact).
                      For real minimalist use, I have a folding Esbit pocket stove.
                      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by demonslaer View Post
                        Swedish Army Trangia Stove & mess kit been useing it for about 1 year:D. I got 10 of them for 20$ kept 4 sold 6 for 5$ea. I love free gear :D :D
                        hi demonslaer - where do you get ur fuel canisters usually? i am assuming that the Trangia you have burns alcohol?

mine is from Germany, where its easy to find them. in the US I guess we can order them online, but if im flying to some place i will have to buy the fuel locally as airplanes do not let u carry them with u.

thanks a ton!

Comment

You need the "denatured alcohol" found in the paint section of WalMart and any good hardware store. It burns hotter and cleaner than medical alcohol. Also, some guys use the "HEET" fuel system dewatering stuff sold in auto sections and stores. It is alcohol - but use the YELLOW bottle! The Red bottle has nasty additives you DON'T want in your food!
                          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

thanks again, Bigdog57
                            viji

Comment

I have the Primus Atle BBQ 2 burner and Love it!! It is made by North american Gear

Comment

Working...
                              X