Big Comfy Tent for Two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Comfy Tent for Two?

We are two 60+ adults and a small doggie that are looking to do some tent camping for perhaps weeks at a time in Big Bear, Ca. Usually fair weather in the summer, but some possibility of rain.

We want to maximize our comfort. No sleeping on ground! I am thinking of air mattresses that are at least 18" high, beach chairs, folding tables and the like. As much comfort as possible that is lightweight and easy to pack in our Suburban. (I know, some wouldn't call it camping. But, we're old and decrepit and don't want to be too rough.)

I think we want a tent that is something like 8 x 12. I like the idea of a cabin style with pretty straight sides. I see several models in the $400 or so range, some a bit higher. That price is ok, but I want to be sure I get the right thing. I like easy assembly and we will be in fair weather only. I like the idea of doors you don't need to bend over to get in. We are less than 6 feet tall. Things that are sturdy, well made, and last awhile are always nice and a joy to own.

Anyone camp like this in a big comfy tent? Do you have a favorite? Any advice, or warnings of what to avoid, will be appreciated.

Re: Big Comfy Tent for Two?

Probably a bit late to reply, but I would suggest if you haven't already done so to go visit a Cabelas or other large outdoor gear store to get an idea. The one near me usually has several types of tents set up, including cabin tents, which they usually deck out with cots, etc. My thing with cabin tents is the weight and complexity of setting up. I had one shipped to the UK (the Brits are really heavy into size and comfort in their tents - I've seen huge 2-3 compartment tents complete with kiddy pool and privacy fences!) which I never used, mainly due to those reasons. I much prefer my Coleman 10' x 10' Sundome, which I can put up in about 10 minutes and folds down into reasonably light bag for storage.

Comment

Working...
    X