Hot Water While Tent Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Water While Tent Camping

VDF asked me about my two cents on heating water for a shower while tent camping. I guess this is a good topic for everyone who is not toting their own shower behind them.
    I found this link and it has many items for this topic.
    If you have enough sunshine and water then a four gallon solar shower might do the trick. Price is low and warm water is the goal.

http://www.safetycentral.com/porcamsolsho.html

also this link:
    http://www.solarbilly.com/

now anyone can jump in and make suggestions about this subject I know there are many good ideas out there.
    Last edited by jpurdy; 04-22-2009, 09:11 PM.
    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Howdy JP,
    Thanks for sharing!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

It's not cheap or portable, but we've been using Coleman's HWOD (Hot Water on Demand)

For our purposes of washing dishes and showers it works.

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...id=2200&brand=

Comment

Iowa Plains Drifter,

Is the Coleman Hot water on demand worth the investment? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by rxcamping View Post
          Iowa Plains Drifter,

Is the Coleman Hot water on demand worth the investment? Just wondering.
          We've thought so. We've had it a few years. It's really helpful with little kids and during cold weather.

However, if you're doing any other camping than Family camping I wouldn't recomend it.

Comment

Originally posted by lowplainsdrifter View Post
            We've thought so. We've had it a few years. It's really helpful with little kids and during cold weather.

However, if you're doing any other camping than Family camping I wouldn't recomend it.
            Howdy lpd,
            Why? We do a form of family camping, we don't have little kids any longer, it's just the two of us.

Comment

Hot water on demand

Hi IPD.

What uses do you find for the hot water on demand. What is it most useful for?

Comment

Since we rarely camp where there is not a bath house we've never used it for showers. We use it for dishes and washing hands mostly. That may not seem like a lot, but dishes is a major time and energy consuming project when tent camping.

It's not very portable, you'll need one of those 5 Gal Coleman water bladders to go with it. Don't get the knock off brand either, you have to have Coleman for the threads won't match up.

So if you're going into the back country or a place w/o easily accessible water I don't recomend it. It fits our camping style, so it works for us.

Comment

Hot Water

Were car/tent campers so it would fit our needs

Comment

Howdy,
                    We're tent campers too and just purchased one but not from Coleman. We try not to camp in established cgs and love to go deep into the desert. This HWOD thing will be great! Thanks lpd and rxcamping for sure! You helped make up our minds! :D

Comment

Working...
                    X