zion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zion

many thanks to vegasdesertfox for all the tips in my other thread.

heres another to all you experienced campers...zion national park...would we be wasting our time just turning up to get a tent spot ?

i have read a lot of stuff, and seems like theres a lot of people waiting for someone to leave so as to get a spot even early in the morning...

for this weekend april 23rd.....

of course gonna check out reservation online if available ...but failing that just turning up ( with tent + family )....cheers .....

Howdy f1nuts,

Yes, Zion National Park is very crowded and people wait a long time to get in there to camp. The very best time to camp there is in the off seasons of late fall, winter, and very early spring. I have camped at "Watchman" campground in early December, January. Sure it is chilly but not crowded then.

There are other places to camp near zion that offer full featured bathrooms to plain old vault toilets. During holidays and spring(because of flowers) any place in southern Utah can become crowded. However that is not always the case too. Here are a few places to google and check out in southern Utah that could be great camping sites. I have been to these during my years and some are good and some are not so good. But my good standards might not be some one else's camping standards. Check it out( just because I said not so good, I stayed there anyway and had a great time). My bride pegs it right when she says I'm a complainer, always looking for defects in the campgrounds.

Gunlock State Park-Primitive sites, dispersed camping, fishing , boating, ramp.

Baker Reservoir: Day use only.

Snow Canyon State Park: Camping, hiking, wildlife viewing, biking.

Virgin River Canyon Recreation Area (Arizona):Camping, flush toilets, RV, Trailer, Tent, Hiking, Virgin River access

Te-ah: Camping, seasonal, boating fishing, Tent or trailer only.

Zion National Park-Lava Point: Seasonal backcountry dirt-road, camping hiking.

Red Cliff: BLM, St George, camping picnic, OHV trails.

Pine Valley Equestrian: Wilderness access, camping, hiking, seasonal.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

excellent info

many thanks agian.....were gonna have to make our minds up soon , but guess that is half the fun .....

will let you know after we get back from who knows were

cheers

Comment

Working...
      X