New to the campingforums...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the campingforums...

Well in my quest to see what else it out there I ran across the campingforums.com here and thought I would join and read around. As a bit of background over the years I did a bit of tent camping and hammock camping but never really enjoyed either. To cramped for space or not enough head room, not that I am tall by any means but a bit of space to stretch out it a nice thing. About 2 years ago I started researching Tipis, popups, camper vans, wall tents and just about everything else. A few months in we decided we really liked the Tipi design so another 9 months of searching and asking tons of questions with many makers we finally decided on a Tentipi Safir9 CP last May. In the last year we have had it setup over 50 days and slept in it over 30 of them. Slept out in a couple of brutal storms and the one time I took it down I'm glad I did as we got 100 mph straight line winds that stuck a tree right where it had been setup. We prefer to camp and relax with a bit of fishing mixed in though I figured I would do more fishing but relaxing seems to win out. A few pictures from our first outing of the year a few weeks back. In 2 weeks we are headed out for another long weekend once our weekend obligations free us up.

Craig

Re: New to the campingforums...

Hi Craig! Welcome to the forum! Feel free to pop in often and share your experiences with the rest of us.

That is one sweet tipi set-up! Love it! What's the size on that?

Breakfast looks great, in addition, I happened to notice your silverware. lol. What brand/kind/type is that?
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

It is about 16.5' across at the bottom and jsut over 10' tall in the center if I remember correctly. Big enough to sit and stand in.

It is the GSI 3 piece silverware set: first link I came to.

http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp...lg1RoC4OHw_wcB

I like them a lot, not super heavy yet gives individual utensils for use.

We had hoped to go out this weekend but I ended up with the Flu yesterday and decided cool and possibly wet camping wasn't the best idea.

Comment

That's nifty right there!

Welcome!!
        Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
        Nights under the stars:
        2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
        2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Hello and welcome craigtho,

You been sitting pretty in your setup!
          My hat off to you and looking forward to your input.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Thanks all. A65Hoosier thought I had replied to this a couple days ago maybe I forgot. The silverware is from GSI I love having separate utensils though these don't weight a lot and are still SS.

Comment

Originally posted by craigthor View Post
              Thanks all. A65Hoosier thought I had replied to this a couple days ago maybe I forgot. The silverware is from GSI I love having separate utensils though these don't weight a lot and are still SS.
              Thanks for the info Craigthor.
              2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
              Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
              Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
              Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X