Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to pack clothes for a month-long trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to pack clothes for a month-long trip?

I don't think it's impossible to survive on 2 changes of clothing, I just don't feel the need to practice at it when not necessary. What I listed above can fit in one carry-on bag with room to spare (even with all the undies). For most travel nowadays, that is quite doable. I also know that I'm accident prone - if I only have two pairs of pants, I will undoubtedly spill something, or rip the seat, etc. within the first couple days.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
      I don't think it's impossible to survive on 2 changes of clothing, I just don't feel the need to practice at it when not necessary. What I listed above can fit in one carry-on bag with room to spare (even with all the undies). For most travel nowadays, that is quite doable. I also know that I'm accident prone - if I only have two pairs of pants, I will undoubtedly spill something, or rip the seat, etc. within the first couple days.
      'Xactly. I'll wait for the Zombie Apocalypse to practice in earnest:D.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

The rollup/squeeze type vacuum packing bags work very well for reducing size and space. The better quality bags last a LOT longer than the cheap bags. The bags at Walmart only last one or two times. The Swiss Gear brand is better and not too expensive.

Comment

I thought Swiss Gear was a WM brand?
          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Another roller here. I fold everything (but jeans) in thirds and then roll. Learned that from my parents, who were Air Force (I'm presuming that's where they learned it). If not camping (ex: staying at a friend's house), I'll use vacuum bags. Also, I pack a minimum and rotate/wash often. Compressor bag for the dirty laundry. Works well for longer trips on the motorcycle.
            Sleep bug free!
            www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

If space is at a premium I always roll. My switch away from cotton to synthetics also lightened the load and bulk. No jeans, no cotton t-shirts or socks. I don't pack each days clothes together, but everything has its place with like clothing. Mesh bag for dirties.

Comment

Originally posted by cara View Post
                We are headed to Utah for a month of tent camping through the Mighty Five. We've been camping for years, and are a scouting family.

I can't make up my mind on how to pack the clothes.

Looking for various ways that people pack their clothes for long-term tent camping. Husband, wife, 16-yr-old boy, 11-yr-old boy. Everyone is responsible for managing their own clothes and we are planning to best buy gift card glitch limit the amount of clothes everyone takes. How can we pack clothes for easy transitions between car and tent, with multiple take-downs and set-ups, and keep everything in a somewhat organized manner? What works for you?
                I would say make sure wherever you go that there is a laundromat conveniently close-by, and otherwise I'd say pack maybe 7-10 head-to-toe outfits; and obviously don't forget your sundries.
                Last edited by KingoftheThrone; 07-15-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I typically just crush everything into a suitcase or a Rubbermaid container. In fact I'm leaving tomorrow for 6 weeks....

WooHoo.

Comment

Working...
                  X