New to the tent hunt. Looking to backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the tent hunt. Looking to backpack

Whats up everyone. I am finally giving in to the urge to sleep outside. I've been saving some money for the gear to do just that. So far I've come across this http://www.wayfair.com/Coleman-Hooli...2-CLM1892.html and many other types of full rain fly tents. This one just seems to be in my price range with hopefully decent quality.

This Coleman Hooligan tent series seems pretty nice. I expect to be in the rain so I have been browsing tents with full rain flys and such. I am on a pretty low budget so I was wondering about the quality of this tent series from Coleman. I know there are other designer and super expensive brands and designs and you pay for what you get.

P.S The hooligan 4 is gonna be a bit big for backpacking I know this, and even the 3 may be pushing weight limits. I just used that as an example.

Re: New to the tent hunt. Looking to backpack

When I first started backpacking I didn't realize that ounces matter so much. I thought that a pound here and pound there was no big deal. I ended up with a huge pack, super heavy tent, sleeping pad and bag. I ended up having to buy everything twice simply because I didn't want to spend the money on the front end. The good stuff isn't cheap but in my opinion it's worth it. I don't have the latest gear anymore but I can tell you I'm still very fond of my Osprey pack, Mountain Hardware down sleeping bag, Thermarest Z rest sleeping pad (not the most comfortable but light and multifunctional), and Big Agnes Seedhouse SL tent. I did buy the Big Agnes tent off Ebay for about half what a new one costs if you want to save some money. That's my experience. I hope it helps you.

Comment

Working...
    X