Kodiak Tent comes through once again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodiak Tent comes through once again!

Hello fellow tent campers! I just spent last week at a Bluegrass Festival in northern MO. I drove up the week before (Tuesday) and set up my tent to save my spot. While I was gone there were a few thunderstorms and straight line winds that came through. Some had set up their travel trailers and stayed so I had witness to how my tent fared. When I came back the following Monday the tent was dry inside and out and solid as a rock. A fellow camper came by to tell me how amazed they were that the tent held up against the storms. I replied that the only thing that might do some damage would be large hail, lightening, or a tornado.
    I added the extra "wing" that Kodiak sells and it was a great feature for privacy and keeping my things out of the rain. I also attach a tarp on one side off of the awning for sun block and further privacy. I brought my window air conditioner and just set it in the back door and blocked the opening that was left with a totebag held up by the box the wing came in. That was fine for the days it got up in the 80's.
    I only use this tent for this weeklong excursion and it does fine. Love my Kodiak 10 X 10 VX!

Re: Kodiak Tent comes through once again!

Tough tents. Love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by spinyeel View Post
      tough tents. Love mine.
      x2

Comment

I forgot to mention that I used an adjustable tarp/tent pole to lift up the awning in the middle so rain would not puddle in the center. Got that tip from an online video someone posted. It worked great and really wasn't in the way at all.

Comment

Working...
        X