Coolers for Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coolers for Florida

I'm pretty sure I've purchased all my Extreme line coolers but one from Cabela. As much as I've learned to despise Cabela's house brand goods I feel confident that they're selling the real deal when it comes to the Extreme line. My Extreme 6 was a CL purchase and does hold the cold longer than my two 5s.

I'm not sure about the colour difference. My 6 is blue and the two 5s are beige and red. Before ya ask I NEED this many coolers for long trips, LOL. One is for drinks; one functions as a freezer and the last one is the refrigerator. Children are only allowed in the drink cooler w/o supervision. Keeps me from yelling about who dinna close the coolers somewhat.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
      I am too. The more I thought about it, dark color coolers don't make sense. It might not be a huge factor, but dark colors absorb heat. Not exactly a good thing for something called a COOLer. Walmart's got plenty to choose from, from 25 quart to 150 quart. Unfortunately for me I've got so many coolers in the house and the shed now, I can't see buying one 'til I unload a few at a yard sale.
      Here is a better photo of my Igloo Pro Marine Glide.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
        Before ya ask I NEED this many coolers for long trips, LOL. One is for drinks; one functions as a freezer and the last one is the refrigerator. Children are only allowed in the drink cooler w/o supervision. Keeps me from yelling about who dinna close the coolers somewhat.
        Oh, girl, I hear ya! When my kids were growing up, we always had 3 and the kids knew not to touch 2 of them! The drink cooler was the only one everyone was allowed to open.

The general food cooler (the one you call your fridge one) was allowed to be opened by both me and hubby but not the kids.

The meat cooler (your freezer one) was to opened only by ME when I was preparing meals.

Comment

Originally posted by Force10JC View Post
          Here is a better photo of my Igloo Pro Marine Glide.

Force, do the wheels and handle really work? One of my coolers has a handle and wheels and I always worry the handle will break off so don't bother w/ it much. As for the wheels......pretty useless. Have to say that your handle looks much sturdier.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

One of the funniest memories I have of previous camping trips was a 3 am visit by a huge racoon-(close to 30 lbs) and his posse of lil buddies....long story short-that racoon OPENED an old Coleman metal chest cooler that had a rotating latch and I 'discovered the big boy hunkered down in the cooler & he was chucking stuff out to his compadres as fast as he could grab it....after I got him to get outta the cooler & chased him away, you could hear the commotion throughout the CG as they made their rounds thru the sites. Those critters are smarter than you think.

Comment

Working...
            X