two Thermarest products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: two Thermarest products

Mike, thanks for the additional input. After my ThermaRest fails, I'll have an idea of a better alternative. Right now all I have is Amazon and Dicks product reviews, which are better than nothing, but not everything I could want.

So far the ThermaRest pads are OK, not too heavy, bulky or hard to inflate after the first time. I actually was able to use my 12v mattress pump to inflate them about 90%, and only had to "top off" with a couple of puffs.

- Ted the Novice

Comment

Back to Thermarest - I just ditched my ridge rest. I found it increasingly more uncomfortable to sleep on, and last night on a sandbar was spent tossing and turning all night. The inflatable ones - yeah, that's more like it.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

A Therm-a-Rest LuxuryMAP on my Byer Easy Cot. Best sleep I've ever had on a camping trip. Even on my smaller trips, it tops my Allagash cot with the same result - easy sleepin'!

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
          If you plan on getting a lot of seasons out of your tent, you might reconsider any type of spray coating. Most seam sealing is done with a tube and a small paintbrush, as you only want to seal the non-waterproof portions of your tent (threads and their holes). The waterproof coatings on your tent are sealed into the fabric to permanently bond. Spray-on coatings have a tendency to de-laminate over time due to UV exposure. What you get is a small snowstorm and a very ugly tent.
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by isoc View Post
            Mike, thanks for the additional input. After my ThermaRest fails, I'll have an idea of a better alternative. Right now all I have is Amazon and Dicks product reviews, which are better than nothing, but not everything I could want.

So far the ThermaRest pads are OK, not too heavy, bulky or hard to inflate after the first time. I actually was able to use my 12v mattress pump to inflate them about 90%, and only had to "top off" with a couple of puffs.

- Ted the Novice
            Be careful not to over-inflate. It is very possible to de-laminate the outer cover material from the foam core and then you have a big bubble in your mattress forever

Last edited by Mike; 10-05-2015, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for another tip! - Ted

Comment

Working...
              X