Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $114 lightweight tent

Hi,

I was looking for lightweight tent and found 1 person tent with following specs:
    Material 185t silicon
    Weight 720g
    $114

Is it good price for a such tent? Is it a good material?

Re: $114 lightweight tent

Obviously there is not enough info in you post to comment intelligently. There are good 1 man tents for less money and 1 man tents for more money.

Comment

There is also a lot more to a good tent than the fabric used. The design is very important. 720g puts you in the UL camp, and I'm not aware of any decent UL tents that are as cheap as $114. I have a nice Kelty 1-man, that I paid $99 for, and tested it in a hurricane. The tent performed flawlessly, but the penalty: 3 lbs. NOT UL, but it does pack small.

I think we would all be happier with a link to the actual tent. Obviously this is a single wall, but beyond that I have no idea,
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

My Kamprite is light enough for me - I carry a backpack every day for work that weighs a whole lot more. It fits in a little 6” x 6” x 14” carry bag and weighs 5 lbs. It is well made of 190T Denier nylon. I got it for about $70.
        - Laura
        Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
        X