Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUV tents

Hello Camping Forums,

I just purchased a Napier Sportz SUV Tent Model 84000 online and it should arrive this afternoon. This tent has an opening that attaches to the rear of your SUV when your rear
    SUV doors are open so that you can access the inside of the SUV from inside the tent.
    It connects your SUV to your tent.
    I was wondering if anybody here has one of these and has any comments, complaints or suggestions. I did a search in this forum and found very little. Thanks.

Re: SUV tents

I haven't used them, but have seen them out there. I'm not sure how I feel about them. On the one hand, you can sleep in the back of the SUV and have the tent space to stand up, have a chair or two if it's raining, etc. On the other hand, that means you'd have to remove all your stuff from the back of the SUV just to sleep at night - making more work with set up and take down.
    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

For overnighters I can see their utility. But for a prolonged stay, when I may wish to use my vehicle, it would be a nuisance.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

I resisted buying a tent for my pickup because I need to use the truck for picking up wood, trailering the boat, and running into town on extended trips.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I should have thought this one through a little more before purchasing. I ended up returning it (before opening the package) and I bought a traditional cabin tent with screen room (The size of a small condominium!).
          Taking the family out this weekend for the maiden voyage.

Comment

Have a great time!!!! And come back and share how it went.
            “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Think you made a good call in going with standard tent
              I have seen them but dont recall anyone who has used one
              See some pros and cons
              But personally for my type of camping more cons than pros
              Cant run the car to charge things or warmup while attached
              Major heat loss through the vehicle
              Bug attractant
              Critter attractant if food kept in the car

Comment

Working...