• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tent Pictures

Originally posted by JonnieHeelers View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]5642[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5643[/ATTACH]

Marmot Limelight 4 came in mail today set up in the back yard
    Nice tent JH.
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CecilliaB View Post
      I started out with a 6 man way way back when before I started dating my husband. In 2013 we updated to the 10 man still using the old 6 man coleman, that finally gave out this year being 13 years old so we got the two smaller tents to fit in smaller mountain camp sites. We'll be taking the slumberjack and hooligan on their maiden voyage in July followed by another longer trip in August!
      Coleman weathermaster II 10 man [ATTACH=CONFIG]5638[/ATTACH]
      Slumberjack 4 person [ATTACH=CONFIG]5639[/ATTACH]
      Coleman Hoolagin 3 man, [ATTACH=CONFIG]5640[/ATTACH]

CecilliaB - I've owned a Slumberjack Trail Tent 6P for almost 4 years. So far, so good. Thanks for sharing your pics!
      Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
      Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
      Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I'm so glad to hear! I almost went with another brand but I found a great deal on this 4P and took a chance. I like the design so far, floor concerns me a bit but we put a footprint down and I'm going to do puzzle matts inside or some sort of roll out rug so we avoid rips. Glad to hear you have been enjoying yours for several years since we intend to use allot

Comment

Originally posted by CecilliaB View Post
          I started out with a 6 man way way back when before I started dating my husband. In 2013 we updated to the 10 man still using the old 6 man coleman, that finally gave out this year being 13 years old so we got the two smaller tents to fit in smaller mountain camp sites. We'll be taking the slumberjack and hooligan on their maiden voyage in July followed by another longer trip in August!
          Coleman weathermaster II 10 man [ATTACH=CONFIG]5638[/ATTACH]
          Slumberjack 4 person [ATTACH=CONFIG]5639[/ATTACH]
          Coleman Hoolagin 3 man, [ATTACH=CONFIG]5640[/ATTACH]
          How do you like the D door on the coleman?
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

I think it's adorable...I'm 5'9, my husband is 6'4, we will never go in that tent LOL! It's for my son/daughter and the dog when we camp and they LOVED it. They thought it was very cool to be able to store shoes right in front of the door and not have them get all wet. I don't know about the 6P, it looks bigger? Maybe that'd be easier on the big folks. I like the design of the tent overall for it's intended purpose and set up was incredibly quick.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnieHeelers View Post
              Probably somewhere close like Starved Rock State Park in Utica, IL
              We're doing Starved Rock the weekend of the 15th. We've never been there, but have heard it's a pretty snazzy park.
              Nights outside so far 2016: 19

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Hess View Post
                We're doing Starved Rock the weekend of the 15th. We've never been there, but have heard it's a pretty snazzy park.
                Yes there is a lot of good hiking and its a short drive to matthiessen state park as well. We actually haven't camped there yet either, we camped (I'm not making this up Lol) at Papa Murphs which is a bar that has camping and its right by starved rock
                Last edited by JonnieHeelers; 07-02-2016, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Ahhh!... Starved Rock; ... Good memories & fine times...
                  Used to hike there when I lived in the chi-town 'burbs back in the '80's.
                  ...still a great place; I'm sure...

Enjoy!
                  2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                  For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                  Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                  Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

This is my Big Agnes Tensleep Station 6. It was my 2nd time camping in it during the 4th of July holiday. I spent 4 nights in it (& shared the site with my son & DIL). This was at Ionia State Park, Ionia, MI. The tent has 2 vestibules but I didn't stake either of them-sorry. We had very warm weather, hardly a breeze though, & no rain predicted. You can see my 2 camping companions, both Yorkies.
                    Attached Files
                    Hope to camp in my new Columbia Fall River 8 Instant Tent in 2017

Comment

Originally posted by CampinLady View Post
                      This is my Big Agnes Tensleep Station 6. It was my 2nd time camping in it during the 4th of July holiday. I spent 4 nights in it (& shared the site with my son & DIL). This was at Ionia State Park, Ionia, MI. The tent has 2 vestibules but I didn't stake either of them-sorry. We had very warm weather, hardly a breeze though, & no rain predicted. You can see my 2 camping companions, both Yorkies.
                      Sharp looking tent!

Comment

Nice looking tent, CampinLady. It looks like you had a nice shady spot.

Comment

Love the BA Tensleep Campinlady-ya gotta a winner! And just look at that mighty clean rainfly!

sigpic

Comment

Scored this nice Coleman Classic Springbar tent recently.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X