• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tent

So I have a $10 thrift store special Click image for larger version

Name:	tent driveway.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	72880It has served me very well. Been wanting a new tent for quite some time. Just me and my dog "Cork" I just ordered a Marmot Tungsten 4p......Can't wait to see it. I hope I like it. Will post pics when I get it.
    Jack
    Thrift store tent
    Marmot Tungsten 4p

Re: New tent

Originally posted by action View Post
    So I have a $10 thrift store special [ATTACH=CONFIG]5359[/ATTACH]It has served me very well. Been wanting a new tent for quite some time. Just me and my dog "Cork" I just ordered a Marmot Tungsten 4p......Can't wait to see it. I hope I like it. Will post pics when I get it.
    Jack
    Jack - I have the Marmot Tungsten 3P. It has about a dozen nights out so far. Quality materials. No problems at all. Super easy set-up. You'll like how the "pre-bent knees" on the aluminum poles provide truly usable space in the tent's interior corners. I think you will be pleased with your purchase.
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Thanks a65hoosier,
      I did follow your tungsten 3p thread....I almost pulled the trigger on a 3p but was just afraid it would be smaller then I wanted....may buy some type of 2p at a later date.
      Really enjoy all your input.
      Thanks
      Jack
      Thrift store tent
      Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Should be here mon 3-7-16 Cant wait to set it up.
        Jack
        Thrift store tent
        Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

1 more day:yipi:
          Anything that needs to be done to a new tent before use?
          Thanks for any help.
          Jack
          Thrift store tent
          Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

1 more day:yipi:
            Anything that needs to be done to a new tent before use?
            Thanks for any help.
            Jack
            Nope. But I always set up a new tent before actual field use. Just to become familiar with how it is set up and to verify all parts are in the bag (the Tungsten is pretty easy to set up).

PS: you'll need additional stakes and guy lines if you want to utilize all of the tie out points on the Tungsten 4P.
            2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
            Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
            Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
            Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Thanks.....Yea I won some really nice stakes in a contest on this forum. I will need to get some more guy lines.....Do you recommend any?
              Thanks
              Jack
              Thrift store tent
              Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Looks like a fine tent. Great camping awaits you and Cork!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tungsten 4p.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	70397

Now I have to wait for the weather to clear so I can set it up.
                  Thrift store tent
                  Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Your choice of a quality Marmot product will be well-rewarded. They don't compromise on quality.
                    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

So weather is pretty nice right now so am hoping to set up this tent this weekend to check it out.Really cant wait to get out camping in it. Pics will follow.
                      Jack
                      Thrift store tent
                      Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Waiting....waiting...
                        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Set up new tent today.....Only issue was they put red tabs on 3 of the fly corners instead of 2. so not sure if there is a front and a back or they the same? Look the same.
                          Jack

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marmot 4.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	70430Click image for larger version

Name:	Marmot 3.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	70431
                          Thrift store tent
                          Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Set up new tent today.....Only issue was they put red tabs on 3 of the fly corners instead of 2. so not sure if there is a front and a back or they the same? Look the same.
                            Jack

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5410[/ATTACH]
                            Had a similar prob with my Eureka CC's rainfly and tent skeleton for a while .
                            Once you figure out front from back (the manufacturer can be of use w/ that) pull out some nail polish to mark the poles and/or tabs. Cheap easy to come by fix.

You scored big.
                            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Wow wish I could run across a deal like that

Comment

Working...
                              X