Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have any experience with the Kodiak 10 X 14 flex-bow canvas tent - deluxe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody have any experience with the Kodiak 10 X 14 flex-bow canvas tent - delux

Originally posted by Mick View Post
    I don't know how your vestibule's grommets are but I had to install 2 extra grommets just to close the gap between the awning and the vestibule. The factory installed grommets are too close to the end and if you use them there is a big gap where the tent's awning and vestibule come together. As far as water pooling, I have never been successful with keeping it from pooling. I have tried a painter's pole to prop up the center of the awning but then there 2 instead of a single water pool. If you find a way to do it, let me know.
    thanks. I was thinking with some light poles I might try to make an A-frame that I can clip onto the awning that would stretch it tight and just slightly raise the middle. Maybe even with legs that go down to the ground so I don't have to use the lines to tether it in place. I'm thinking of setting it up in my yard and playing around with some ideas.

thanks for the info on the grommets, my tent doesn't have then anyway, so I've got to install them myself, I'll be sure to put a couple extras in.

Comment

Re: Anybody have any experience with the Kodiak 10 X 14 flex-bow canvas tent - delux

Your vestibule comes with some good directions on how to install new grommets several inches back of the ones that came on the awning of your tent. Follow those directions and you will have a good extension of your Kodiak tent. I used an extra adjustable pole to hold the awning up in the center between the two doors. Didn't have heavy rain but feel it would do well.

Comment

Originally posted by BluegrassLady View Post
        Your vestibule comes with some good directions on how to install new grommets several inches back of the ones that came on the awning of your tent. Follow those directions and you will have a good extension of your Kodiak tent. I used an extra adjustable pole to hold the awning up in the center between the two doors. Didn't have heavy rain but feel it would do well.
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X