How to find good spots to tent camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find good spots to tent camp

I am new to this forum. I really love to camp and hope to find like minded folks somewhere on the internet. Typically we tent camp. Anyone know of a good reference to find nice tent sites, trails ec?

Currently we are looking for a good tent spot between Chicago and Florida (smokies are slightly out of the way). Perhaps Chatahoochee National Forest? On the gulf near Talahasee and Lake City Florida? It doesn't look like there's anything in Georgia but google maps can be deceiving.

Re: How to find good spots to tent camp

http://www.recreation.gov

I stumbled across this. I just typed in Oregon because I am planning an excursion there and then clicked on "camping and lodging" and it gave me a detailed map with 200-some campsites. I think it's a great website and I hope it helps you as much as it is helping me.

Comment

I use rv parky or wiki camps you can search the area your wanting to stay in for full service campgrounds to free tent spots the wiki camps is from users who have been their done it hope this helps
      S

Comment

I use rv parky and wiki camps you can find everything from full service campgrounds to wide spots beside the road

Comment

Working...
        X