Paracord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paracord

need to buy some Paracord....Just wondering if you have a favorite place to buy it?
    Kind of looking for some Orange reflective.
    Thanks
    Jack
    Thrift store tent
    Marmot Tungsten 4p

Re: Paracord

There's this small online store called Amazon that probably sells some. :mdr:

Comment

Last time I bought some it was an online purchase from :

www.campsaver.com

I'll be honest; I wuz rooked........oops.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
        There's this small online store called Amazon that probably sells some. :mdr:
        I've heard of that place! Yeah, I think they might carry it. I looked it up and the website is http://www.amazon.com. It's an interesting place.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
          Last time I bought some it was an online purchase from :

www.campsaver.com

I'll be honest; I wuz rooked........oops.
          I guess I've wiped it from my memory because I can't remember what the issue was with them, but I do recall removing the link I had to their site, vowing never to buy from them again.

Comment

Thanks everyone...Yea I know paracord is everywhere.....Just thought I would ask.....Also not a fan of Amazon.
            Jack
            Thrift store tent
            Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
              I guess I've wiped it from my memory because I can't remember what the issue was with them, but I do recall removing the link I had to their site, vowing never to buy from them again.
              My guess would be it was 5 strand paracord and not the 7 strand

Comment

The army surplus store here has a large selection.

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
                  My guess would be it was 5 strand paracord and not the 7 strand
                  It wasn't over paracord, that much I remember. Pretty sure it had something to do with them giving me trouble with a return. I'm old school - customer service after a sale ranks pretty high with me. That's why I'll rarely, if ever, get anything from eBay. I've had too many issues there.

Comment

I normally buy imitation para/550 cord at a local surplus store (real parachute cord, 7 internal strands, is hard to find any more).

...Reminds me; its time for the semi annual surplus store pilgrimage, to see what, if anything, is new/old but newly available.
                    ... need to see if they have tubular webbing in bulk too.

Enjoy!
                    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Paracord is great for some things. But for tent guy lines, better than paracord (which is nylon and stretches) is:

http://lawsonequipment.com/Reflectiv...1-8-p1064.html

Made in USA by the seller. I got some of the orange reflective a while ago and can highly recommend it. If you want super strong he also makes and sells spectra cord.

Comment

Looks like nice stuff......Thanks
                        Jack

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                        Paracord is great for some things. But for tent guy lines, better than paracord (which is nylon and stretches) is:

http://lawsonequipment.com/Reflectiv...1-8-p1064.html

Made in USA by the seller. I got some of the orange reflective a while ago and can highly recommend it. If you want super strong he also makes and sells spectra cord.
                        Thrift store tent
                        Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

I bought my reflective orange 550 paracord on EBay. (Who has been Much better for me than Amazon). YMMV

Comment

What is ymmv?
                            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                            – E. B. White

Comment

YMMV - your mileage may vary.

Comment

Working...
                              X