No announcement yet.

short trip cheap durable camping tents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short trip cheap durable camping tents?

I have been looking for a good tent for a 2 adult, 2 kid camping trip this summer. We plan on only going for 2 nights, and want a reliable tent that is easy to set up on the cheaper side as we don't know how often we will be going after this first trip.

I came across http://www.durablecampinggear.com/tents/ and was wondering if any of them are good for short, basic, good weather camping trips.

Re: short trip cheap durable camping tents?

short, basic, good weather camping trips.
    Check your local big box store for at least a 6 person tent so your gear will be accommodated as well. An 8 person rated tent will be even better. Depending on the age of your children a 2 door tent maybe best. Shopping locally will save you on shipping costs and might allow you to see the tent up close and personal.

If this is your first camping trip and you are not quite sure what to do renting a tent might be the best answer.

Have fun out there!
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

There is also the craigslist option. Just make sure you see the tent set up in person. But if you you are just getting into camping this is a good place to start. You can get a tent for next to nothing and see what works for you and what doesnt.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

for single trip, think just about any tent will do,
        will come down to size ,
        2 adults, 2 kids a 3-4 person tent will be very tight,
        as others stated go with 6 person tent,
        as to where, can look for clearance at anyplace that sells tents,
        as for craigslist, can do well on clist, but just make sure it includes all the parts, many people selling may have stored the tent for years and may not recall if pole(s) and such ever broke or were misplaced.
        if you never get to test the tent in the rain, i would recommend a tarp just in case, rain is not a big deal when prepared, but can really make for miserable experience when not prepared,

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
          for single trip, think just about any tent will do,
          will come down to size ,
          2 adults, 2 kids a 3-4 person tent will be very tight,
          as others stated go with 6 person tent,
          as to where, can look for clearance at anyplace that sells tents,
          as for craigslist, can do well on clist, but just make sure it includes all the parts, many people selling may have stored the tent for years and may not recall if pole(s) and such ever broke or were misplaced.
          if you never get to test the tent in the rain, i would recommend a tarp just in case, rain is not a big deal when prepared, but can really make for miserable experience when not prepared,
          Yeah. My sister bought a tent off cl. Her husband (that didn't come on the trip) went and checked it out and bought it. When we got there and tried to set it up it was obvious that it had the wrong poles....and there was a hole in it about the size of a playing card.

To be fair he has no clue when it comes to tents and camping so my sister shouldnt have sent him. In the ens she paid so little for it she just trashed it and called it a day.
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

At walmart yesterday they had the ozark trail instant 6 person tent for $79.00 it even had the rain fly with it. We have a coleman tent we got at walmart it's been used lots .

Comment

I picked up the red 8 person Coleman Instant Cabin Tent for $80 which was half off at Walmart. The newer version is blue. Mine has a ceiling vent, and I don't think the newer ones have that. I agree that you want at minimum a 6 person which in the Coleman is 10'x10'

I really like these tents. My son and friend used my 4 person version in my avatar to primitive camp at Hocking Hills in 40 degree weather last weekend and they were comfortable.
              - Laura
              Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
              X