Large family tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large family tent

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on a large family tent. There is myself and my husband (whom doesn't camp with us that often because of his job). We have four kids. 7,6,6mo,6mo. We live in the prairies in Canada where the wind is rampant. I was thinking about getting a Kodiak flexbow or a similar tent. Curious if a 10x14 (8person tent) would fit us for now. When the older two are bigger we would likely get a second tent.
    Alternatively my husband suggests the large cabin tebt 9x28. But I feel that really cuts down on where to camp options, plus I need help to set it up.
    Any advice would be fabulous.

Re: Large family tent

10x14 should be plenty if the space is used right. Consider a set of the disco-bed cots for the older kids and two good sized cots for you and the husband. Do the 7 month olds sleep with you? If not, add one small cot and put them head to toe.

Comment

We've got a 10x14 Springbar for our family of 5 (kids are 9, 6, and 3). There is a ton of extra room, and we've had as many as three extra kids with us and still had plenty of room. You'd have to bring a ton of extra gear to run out of room with 6 people in a tent that size. That style of tent has a lot more room than a typical dome tent with the same floor area, as the sides are much more vertical.
      Nights outside so far 2016: 19

Comment

Another vote for the 10'x14' and for the same reasons already noted.
        My tent is about ......10*12 and gives me a nice amt of space for 2 adults and 3 children aged 8, 10.5, and 16 y/o.
        Have fun out there!.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

The Kodiak Flexbow is also a good choice where wind is an issue. The slightly sloping sides and pole design handle high winds nicely.

Comment

Working...
          X