Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about buying a Marmot Colfax 4P. Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying a Marmot Colfax 4P. Advice?

Hello All,

My wife and I are in the market for a new tent. We're giving our older one to our daughter and her family so we can upgrade a bit.

I'm looking to get a 4p so we can have a little extra space inside. I want a good, solid tent that's not going to break the bank. We don't camp too much. Maybe a couple times per year on avg. And we only need a 3 season tent.

A waterproof tent is a high priority. Yet at the same time one that isn't going to need me to deal too much with removing a full wrap around rain tarp just to see the outside and get some good air flow.

The Marmot Colfax 4p is looking like a nice choice.

Can anyone here offer up some advice?
    Is the Marmot brand still a good one? I had read some other forum posts stating that MArmot had let their quality fall a bit.

TIA,
    Bryan

Re: Thinking about buying a Marmot Colfax 4P. Advice?

My tungsten 4p seems to be of very good quality. Although they did have a 3rd red tab sewn on the rain fly......Made me scratch my head for a little while but in the end no big deal.....Love my Marmot.
    Jack
    Thrift store tent
    Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Thanks for your comment Jack.

Comment

Thanks for your comment Jack.

The reason I'm leaning toward the colfax is the rain tarp isn't an "all or nothing" situation. There's also a lot more head room. Unfortunately, there aren't any videos out there showing the colfax. Pics just don't do as good of a job.

Comment

Working...
        X