Looking for tent recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for tent recommendation

I am 60 and want a 2-3 person tent that I can walk in to.
    i am 5ft 8in. I will use primarily in Texas so need something with good ventilation and that will keep out rain. I would appreciate suggestions.

Re: Looking for tent recommendation

I'm online and in stores looking at tents almost on a daily basis and I've never even seen a 4 person tent with the height you're looking for (although some get close). For stand up height, you're pretty much in 6+ person territory, with maybe the odd (and rarely made) 5-person tent coming close. I could recommend about 257 tents right off the top of my head, but let me start by asking what your budget is.

Comment

Springbar sells a 3-person tent that's six foot high. It's also canvas, weighs near 50 lbs., and costs almost $600. If you're willing to spend the money and plan to only car camp I highly recommend the Springbars. If you're looking for budget friendly or plan on traveling any distance at all on foot they're obviously not a good option.

https://www.springbar.com/springbar-...te-3-tent.html

Like MacGyver said, a little more information on your parameters would be helpful.
      Nights outside so far 2016: 19

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Hess View Post
        Springbar sells a 3-person tent that's six foot high
        Wow - I forgot all about that Springbar, probably because I went Kodiak when I bought my canvas tent. The Springbar would be an excellent choice for a smallish tent with walk in comfort.

Comment

Well this one is listed as a 4 person tent but it does have the height you need and good ventilation:

https://www.rei.com/product/894015/rei-kingdom-4-tent
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Well i think six foot high of tent is difficult to find.I bought a tent before and i am happy with it.It is good ventilation and well waterproof. buy the height can not up to your request.

Comment

Working...
            X