New Family Tent Inbound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Family Tent Inbound

So, we camped over the July 4th weekend in our almost 10 year old Coleman Oasis 6, the first time since replacing all of the poles. Unfortunately, I inadvertently purchased thinner poles (9.5mm instead of 11mm). They worked, but the fly just didn't seem to sit right and the tent bowed more than it should have in the light breeze we had.

Given that, and the fact that Coleman doesn't seem to sell replacement 11mm poles (and I'm wary of aftermarket kits), and wanting more headroom, I decided to wait for a good deal on a Eureka Copper Canyon. As it turned out, I stumbled across a Silver Canyon 6 at half price ($199, regularly $399) at Dick's Sporting Goods website. The main differences seem to be the poles (Silver has aluminum roof beams while the Copper has fiberglass) and the fly (Silver's is full-length and incorporates dual vestibules).

It looks like Dicks is out of them, now, but a couple other places have them at a similarly low price. I guess maybe Eureka discontinued it and these places are just trying to get rid of their stock for some reason. You have to wonder what their markup is on it if they can afford to sell it at half price.

Re: New Family Tent Inbound

If you really like the Oasis 6, Tent Pole Technologies can hook you up with any size pole you need.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
      If you really like the Oasis 6, Tent Pole Technologies can hook you up with any size pole you need.
      I got the Oasis out of the clearance rack at Sears for $60 and I think we got our money's worth out of it. It'll still be OK for backyard use, but I wouldn't trust it away from home.

Comment

The oasis 6 is the very tent we had to retire this year, it was like 13 years old or something lol. Congrats on the new tent and can't wait to see photos of it!

Comment

Working...
        X