Kodiak Canvas Truck Tent Trailer Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodiak Canvas Truck Tent Trailer Conversion

Decided to make a little hunting tent set up that would get me off the ground. Bought a Kodiak canvas truck tent and some lumber and converted my utility trailer for using with the tent. Using this set up, I can disconnect my truck and still be able to use it which was one of the main things I did not like about using it purely as a truck bed tent. My dad and I tried it out this week on a 3 night, 4 day hunting trip. It worked great! Kept us dry during the rain, and the added heater made it nice and toasty. In fact, even with temps right about freezing one night you could not leave the heat going because it would get too dang hot in there. Ha. Using two cots for sleeping was super comfy too! Hard to tell, but there is about 2 feet between head of cots and front wall so still some area for a storage tote or clothes and stuff. Anyway set it up so I can drive my ranger onto trailer for transport then put tent on when we get to our location. When home, simply remove the 12 bolts holding tent frame to trailer and it comes off in three pieces (for side walls then the two floor pieces) and I can store in my shop and its back to a normal trailer. Pretty pleased with how it turned out! Couple minor tweaks and it will be perfect. Works great to get off the ground and out of the mud/wet. Also, dad and I both have campers, but we still like to tent camp some too, especially on deer hunting trips. And I bought the truck tent size that fits my F150 so I can still use it that way too. Anyway, new here but thought ya'll would enjoy and may give someone an idea. I searched the interwebs for someone that has done something similar to get some ideas but really only found one other post on another forum where someone used it on a trailer. My trailer is 6' wide by 14' long for spec comparison.Click image for larger version

Name:	Tent Trailer 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	73071Click image for larger version

Name:	Tent Trailer 4.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	73070Click image for larger version

Name:	Tent Trailer 5.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	73069Click image for larger version