No announcement yet.

First Trip of the Season (Spring 2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Trip of the Season (Spring 2011)

Well here we are in Florala, Alabama. Drive to the main road and turn left
    out of Florala State Park and you are in Florida.
    Somewhere south of Montgomery, the low 60's turned into 82 F.
    Will wonders never cease.
    Will be in Bigdog land soon.
    Roadtrek did well on the slab. Last few miles here were on fantastic state
    highways. Much limited four lane with little traffic.
    Jan is doing breakfast now.
    Better sign off. Have a quick Tim Horton coffee to prepare.

Re: First Trip of Season

From St Louis, MO heading to Grayton Beach, FL April 22, for a couple of days then on to Tallahassee and a slow return trip back home. Only got a week, but still can't wait. Safe traveling ya'll

Comment

Originally posted by garmp View Post
      From St Louis, MO heading to Grayton Beach, FL April 22, for a couple of days then on to Tallahassee and a slow return trip back home. Only got a week, but still can't wait. Safe traveling ya'll
      Was a wonderful day today along the north shore of the panhandle.
      Sends like a great plan you have there.

Comment

Happy for you!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Glad y'all can enjoy my little slice of the Great USA. This weather is fantastic right now. Supposed to rain Friday, but that's okay - my bushes need it! :cool:
          That glorified 'rat' in Pa. was apparently right about our having an 'early spring'. It will likely get chilly again eventually, March usually begins a bit cool, but we are really enjoying this! I have a birthday in March, the 11th on a Friday. I will take that day off from work, and see if i can get a 'camping weekend' together. There's a spot down on the coast I have wanted to try, or maybe in the legendary "Tate's Hell" forest- they have a campground.
          Can't wait to meet up with Angler57 and his family! I have met many folks off my Motorcycle forums, but this will be my first Camping Forum meet&greet!
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
            I have a birthday in March, the 11th on a Friday. I will take that day off from work, and see if i can get a 'camping weekend' together.
            My birthday is March 8th, but it's way too cold to get a camping weekend together here. Well, if we had a nice camper with good insulation and central heat it would work -- but since that's a dream of the future...
            "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
            ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Hi all: Had a great visit with Bigdog 57. Here at Ed&Betrices Fish camp. Walked up hill to an eatry
              named Angels. Seafood place with real southern hospitily.
              BD was a gracious guest. Had a long chat after eating, at our picnic table.
              will go scouting tomorrow.
              Not sure we will return or motor on.
              This is our first venture south so may keep on keeping on.

Comment

I had fun showing you some of my locale. It's great to meet a member of our little forum and put a face to the name! With our nice weather, you will continue to enjoy the "Southern Hospitality"! :cool:

Comment

I had fun showing you some of my locale. It's great to meet a member of our little forum and put a face to the name! With our nice weather, you will continue to enjoy the "Southern Hospitality"! :cool:
                  Putting the FLA map that BD so kindly provided for us to good use.
                  And, finding a hot spot for www. is great. At times have to move from one picnic table to another
                  to chase signal.
                  Possibly head to Saint James area on coast.
                  Thanks again BD for being such a kind host.

Comment

Day eight, planning to leave Panacea Fla. for a ride along Hwy. 98's gulf coast to Saint George
                    Island and points west. Hope we can see the Island.
                    Fog so heavy that it is turning to water on trees and falling like rain.
                    May delay departing.
                    Am sure there was water behind us when we parked. Not 50 yards away. Now just a solid wall of
                    mist.

Comment

Yep, been having lots of fog lately - but it beats SNOW!!

I'd hoped to ride my bike to work this AM, but that wet fog and wet streets, and 'wet behind the ears' drivers, made me wimp out and take the van.
                      I'll ride the rest of the week - gas prices are getting ridiculous just now.......

Got my Birthday Friday Leave approved, so hope to camp that weekend! :cool:

Comment

Back Home Again In Indiana, good song and tells our story. Old place looked pretty good as we
                        arrived.
                        By the time we returned gas had gone from $3.18 to $3.55.
                        Canada trip and visit to friends in Michigan may never happen if things get any worse.
                        Pray trips within state stay possible.
                        Have three state parks within an hour drive. Thank goodness.
                        Again, visit from Bigdog was great.
                        Can't beat good food and good company.
                        Newer Roadtrek did well and managed 15/16 mph thru hills of KY. Tenn. Alabama.

Comment

Have y'all been to the "Turkey Run" state park and campground, near Crawfordsville, Indiana?
                          My mother's family has their reunion there every few years. Nice place, on a river popular with canoers.

Comment

Have y'all been to the "Turkey Run" state park and campground, near Crawfordsville, Indiana?
                            My mother's family has their reunion there every few years. Nice place, on a river popular with canoers.
                            Have not been to Turkey Run.
                            Will give it a look on the net.
                            It is not that far from here.

Comment

Working...
                            X