Week-long Bike/Camp Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week-long Bike/Camp Adventure

I'm leaving today for a week-long biking trip, camping at night. I'm super-excited; will post pics & trip report when I get back.

This is a "supported" trip, i.e. someone will prepare breakfast & dinner for us; there will be mechanical support at the end of the day; and a sag to take us to the next campsite if the day's biking is too much. Our tent gear & our week of clothing will be transported for us. Even with that, we need to be prepared to take care of ourselves for the 50-70 miles of biking each day, carrying our supplies for the day including minor bike repair supplies, first aid, food, rain gear, etc etc.

I've learned a lot so far, just getting ready for the trip. All my camping so far has been car camping, where in the long run, I can just throw anything into my car that I think I'll need. Whittling my gear down to whatever will fit on my bike and into two duffel bags is an exercise in minimalism. The experience will definitely reshape how I approach camping in the future.

If anyone has questions about bike/camping, please post & I'll answer when I return.
    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28
Working...
X